ICN 2021 Congress newsletter - 7
17 August 2021
The International Council of Nurses is pleased to send you the latest news on the ICN 2021 Congress, which will be held virtually 2-4 November 2021. The Congress will take you on a unique journey of “Nursing Around the World”, with a traveling hub that moves across the globe over the three-day period. Register before 30 September to take advantage of the standard registration fee.
Plenary and Main Sessions
We are delighted to announce that Mr Guy Ryder, Director General of the International Labour Organization will be giving a plenary address on 4 November. Mr Ryder will be joining already confirmed plenary speakers Ban Ki-moon, Lauren Underwood and Peggy Vidot. We also have 18 Main Sessions covering a variety of topics such as: disaster preparedness, technology, mental health, education, regulation, patient safety, nursing image, the health and wellbeing of nurses, healthy ageing, investing in nursing, gender equality,
healthy communities, roles and responsibilities in nursing, ethical challenges of COVID-19, and the global nursing workforce shortage
Details of the programme can be found here.
Ban Ki-moon - former Secretary General of the United Nations
Rt Hon. Helen Clark - former Prime Minister of New Zealand, Co-Chair of the Independent Panel for Pandemic Preparedness and Response
HRH Princess Muna al-Hussein - WHO Patron for Nursing and Midwifery in the Eastern Mediterranean Region
Lauren Underwood - registered nurse and United States Congresswoman
Ms Peggy Vidot - registered nurse and midwife and Minister of Health of Seychelles
Guy Ryder - Director-General of the International Labour Organization
Our 15 partner symposiums are organised by a recognised expert in the field who leads a coherent session with international speakers working together to highlight the latest nursing practice, research, education and professional issues. Cutting edge nursing and health topics will be explored from a global perspective including palliative care; facilitating global accreditation; reducing HIV-related stigma and discrimination; Advanced Practice Nursing; nursing history; International Classification for Nursing Practice; anesthetic care; strategic communications for NNAs; transforming nursing education through
leadership; violence against healthcare workers; healthcare financing; and ICN’s Leadership For Change and Global Nursing Leadership Institute programmes.
Spotlight on Students
The ICN Congresses offers lots of benefits to students.
- Until 30 September students can register for the incredibly low rate of 100 euros and we offer one free registration for every group of 20 participants! If you also register for the Student Assembly (see below), you can get a further discount on Congress registration! Register here.
- Once you register, you will receive full access to all official Congress sessions, e-posters, and partner and industry symposia. You will have full access to this content for six months after Congress is over.
- You can earn International Continuing Nursing Education Credits (ICNECs) by attending ICN 2021 – a great way to boost your cv and advance your career!
- We have created some great networking opportunities for all participants via our Congress platform.
The Student Assembly will take place virtually on 23 October and will be
offered in two time zones. This interactive meeting will bring together students from around the world to:
- Discuss key priorities for nursing students, early career nurses and youth
- Explore how to support and enhance the student and youth voice and influence and in the development of future leaders in policy and practice.
- Network and share experiences and information.
The Student Assembly is open to students at all education levels and recent graduates. Register now!
UTC+4: https://bit.ly/3rGAAKg or 10:00 UTC-4: https://bit.ly/377YBjY
And Student Assembly participants will receive the early bird student fee for ICN Congress – a 20% discount off the Student Congress registration rate!
Please contact Erica Burton (email@example.com) for any questions.
ICN Project & Programmes Events
ICN is pleased to invite you to be part of the Project and Programmes events, which will be held virtually at the ICN Congress.
- Girl Child Education Fund (GCEF) – Event open to the public. For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Global Nursing Leadership Institute (GNLI)™ Alumni – Private event, for GNLI Alumni only. For more
information, please contact email@example.com
- Leadership For Change (LFC)™ Update – Private event, for LFC Trainers only. For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org .
- The International Classification for Nursing Practice (ICNP) Consortium – Event open to the public. For more information, please contact email@example.com
Sponsors and Partners
The latest Sponsorship Prospectus and the Congress Platform Manual are now available! We have some great packages available to you to promote your organisation and brand, with some great benefits to you as well! We also have
stand-alone items which you can add to your package. Please do not hesitate to contact Pilar Millan on firstname.lastname@example.org
We are happy to discuss solutions tailored to your needs!