ICN 2021 Congress newsletter - 10
19 October 2021
The International Council of Nurses is pleased to send you the latest news on the ICN 2021 Congress, which will be held virtually 2-4 November 2021. In this newsletter, learn more about the Congress journey of “Nursing Around the World”, our insightful main sessions, and how you can make sure you don’t miss the Opening Ceremony and our other live sessions!
Oprah Winfrey to address Congress participants!
Oprah Winfrey, global media leader and philanthropist, will join other high-profile influencers, leaders, politicians, artists, and nursing and health experts as part of the Congress. Ms Winfrey’s video message, in solidarity with the global nursing workforce, will be played at the Opening Ceremony of the Congress on 2 November, which will also feature messages from other celebrities and a keynote address from Her Royal Highness Princess Muna al-Hussein, global health advocate for nursing and
Korean pop group, SHINee to give exclusive live performance!
The internationally renowned South Korean idol band, SHINee has sent a message of support and thanks to the nurses of the world which will be played at the Opening Ceremony. In addition, SHINee member Key (Kim Ki Bum) will give an exclusive live performance of his new song "Bad Love" at the South-East Asian regional session on 4 November. Key, whose mother is a nurse, welcomed the opportunity to show the band’s appreciation of the nursing profession, particularly during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Don’t miss a thing! Six months access to Congress sessions!
Don’t fret if you can’t attend every session of the ICN Congress! We have such a packed programme of live, pre-recorded and on demand plenary and main sessions, symposia, concurrent sessions, eposters and more that you may not have time to see everything in just three days. But, when you register, you automatically receive access to all
the content for six months after the Congress ends!
Catch up on our fantastic Girl Child Education Fund!
We are offering two opportunities to learn about the GCEF and the work accomplished by our national nursing associations in Eswatini, Kenya, Uganda and Zambia who manage the programme in their countries with the support of ICN. The first session will be held on 2 November 2021 10:00-11:00 CET and the second on 2 November at 16:00-17:00 CET. In these sessions, our four NNAs will be presenting their work, experiences and testimonials to raise awareness of the continuing need for support the girls of their nursing colleagues by donating to the GCEF. Your generous donation will help us to continue contributing to the programme that has already benefited more than 400 girls since its inception. Donate directly through our bank account or online.
Support our Congress Sponsors!
We have received fantastic support from our sponsors so please help us to thank them by attending their topical and lively symposiums!
- 2 November 10:00-11:00 CET: Ending the other epidemic - the pivotal role of nursing in HIV and sexual reproductive health – Jhpiego
- 2 November,
13:30-14:30: Nurse-led research: A Call to Action – WISH
- 2 November, 16:00-17:00 CET: Infusing and instilling joy: A necessary ingredient in driving creativity and innovation – Sigma
- 2 November, 16:00-17:00 CET: Nurse and Midwife Voices Lead for Global Vaccine Equity and Acceptance - Sabin Vaccine Institute Immunization Advocates program and Nursing Now Challenge
- 3 November, 10:30-11:30 CET: Benefits for Nurses - Malaffi, The Abu Dhabi Health information
- 3 November, 13:50-14:40 CET: The Nurse Migration Tsunami: Preparing for the Future and Ensuring Ethical Recruitment - CGFNS International
- 3 November, 16:10-17:10 CET: Oral systemic health - Colgate-Palmolive
- 4 November, 08:45-09:45 CET: Nurse retention and the pandemic: Impact and responses - CGFNS International
- 4 November, 12:30-13:30 CET: Nurses for Health
Equity - WISH
For a full description please see our Congress Guide on the Congress website